20 Easy Wedding Diy Projects With Maximum Impact
As you know by now, I love a bit of wedding crafting. But, I’m all about easy wedding DIY projects. You can forget anything that needs specialist expensive tools and takes weeks to make. For me, the perfect wedding DIY projects tick at least two of these three boxes:
- Easy to do – you should be able to make ahead of time with very little faffing in the run up to the big day.
- Saves you money – if it’s not cheaper then you might consider just buying it. Unless you’re in love with your hot glue gun, like me.
- Adds a ton of impact for very little effort – you want your guests to go ‘oooh’ when they see it!
So, I’ve pulled together 19 of the easiest wedding DIYs from around the web that add a ton of impact. There’s something for everyone here. Check it out:
20 FABULOUSLY EASY WEDDING DIY PROJECTS THAT PACK A PUNCH
(1) Geometric Washi Table Backdrop Full DIY project by Eagle Eyed Bride on B.Loved Blog, photography by Anneli Marinovich
I have a washi tape obsession and I just love what they did with it in this styled shoot on B.Loved. It’s such a simple wall decoration that would look great behind your cake table or as a photobooth backdrop.
(2) DIY Wedding Favour Bags Photograph courtesy of Hello Naomi
For easy, make in advance wedding favours you can’t go too far wrong with yummy sweets in paper bags. I love the simple addition of a pegged paper heart. Cheap as chips, but looks so sweet!
(3) DIY Wedding Invitation Envelope Liners Full tutorial over on The Elli Blog
I’m slightly obsessed with envelope liners. They’re very easy to do and make even the cheapest wedding invitations look far more special. Check out more tips on How to cut costs of wedding stationery here.
(4) Glitter Dipped Balloons Full tutorial on Studio DIY
I love the idea of adding a bit of glitz to your wedding photos with confetti dipped balloons. Pretty easy to do the day before the wedding too!
(5) Stamped Wedding Stationery Find this stamp on Etsy
Stamping is a genius way to DIY your wedding invitations. It’s more or less fool proof once you’ve practised a little and is a lovely keepsake to have forever more. For our wedding, I used The English Stamp Company for a personalised save the date stamp.
(6) DIY Polaroid Guest Place Cards (That Double as Favours) Check out the full tutorial here
A great way of stretching your wedding budget is to combine your favours with the place cards. Easy DIY ‘polaroid’s are the perfect way to do this – you can make them yourself on Picmonkey!
(7) DIY Pearl Bridal Hair Combs Full DIY project from Flax and Twine.
How pretty are these pearl hair combs? This would be such a lovely DIY to do for your own wedding, which you could then pass down to your kids. Ah, makes me want to cry just thinking about it!
(8) DIY Ribbon Chair Decoration From real wedding featured on Green Wedding Shoes, photography by Our Labor of Love
Talk about an easy wedding DIY that costs next to nothing and looks AMAZING. Just tie ribbons to your ceremony chairs for a bright and cheerful wedding theme.
(9) DIY Button Wedding Guest Book You can see the full tutorial here
Are you a bit afraid of wedding DIY but would like to make at least one thing for your big day? This guest book should be at the top of your list. All you need is PVA glue and buttons and it will have your guests in raptures.
(10) DIY Bridal Shoe ‘I Do’ Decal Full tutorial on Something Turquoise
Easy wedding DIY alert! Personalise the base of your bridal shoes with some decals. You’ll be lifting up your feet all day to show them off!
(11) DIY Wedding Table Place cards Full tutorial on Centsational Girl
Got some spare laundry pegs lying around? Spray paint them gold and you have the cutest Autumnal place card holders for your wedding table. Easy? Check! Super cute? Check!
(12) DIY Sugar Coated Glasses From Copper Styled Wedding Shoot, Photography by Amanda Karen Photography
When it comes to an impactful wedding table, the devil is in the detail. Add some wow factor by decorating the rim of glasses with edible sugar to match your wedding theme. Just dip the rim into water and then roll in the sugar. Simple.
(13) DIY Paper Fan Backdrop
Paper fans are my all-time favourite easy wedding DIY. They couldn’t be cheaper, you can make them well in advance and they look so darn purty! Perfect for a cake table backdrop or to hang from the ceiling.
(14) DIY Frame Wedding Seating Plan Full tutorial by Calligraphy for Weddings, found on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings
The table plan is another great place to flex your DIY muscles. I absolutely adore this simple calligraphy seating plan with gorgeous hanging blooms. I think anybody could carry this off with a little calligraphy practice (or just get Claire from Calligraphy for Weddings to do it for you!)
(15) DIY Giant Paper Roses Full tutorial found at Studio DIY
Oversized paper roses are such a unique but pretty alternative to the traditional bridal bouquet. And for extra DIY brownie points they can be easily made ahead of time.
(16) DIY Floral Monogram Letters Full tutorial found on Urban Chic
This tutorial makes me want to weep, it’s so pretty. And it’s not difficult at all. It would look fabulous on your top table or next to the wedding cake. If you’d like to make further in advance, then consider using artificial flowers.
(17) Easy 3 Ingredient Groom’s Buttonholes Full tutorial on Paper n Stitch Blog
If you’re considering DIYing your wedding flowers, why not take on just one small project – like these easy 3-ingredient groom buttonholes? Perfect for a pastel summer wedding.
(18) DIY Yarn Wrapped Bottles Full tutorial by Mayhar Design, featured on Wedding Chicks
Try this easy wedding DIY for yarn wrapper bottle table centrepieces. They’re so pretty that you’d only need a few stems of flowers for each table, cutting back on the flower bill. Win, win!
(19) DIY Flower Crown Full tutorial by Miss Victoria’s Floral Emporium, found on Daydreaming Bride!
This is still one of my all time favourite blog posts on Daydreaming Bride. Lisa from Miss Victoria’s Floral Emporium shows you how to make a ridiculously easy wedding flower crown. You could do this with your hens, or make them for your own wedding day!
(20) Floral Ice Cubes Full tutorial found on The Glitter Guide, photo credit Arin Agase at Heart of Chic
How adorable are these floral ice cubes? They’d look fabulous in a bucket to chill champagne for your drinks reception!
There you have it, 19 of the cutest, easiest and cheapest wedding DIYs out there. What easy wedding DIY would you recommend?